Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meeting the legend


Isaignani Ilayaraja is my all time favourite music director ahead of anyone. I have a great admiration for some persons like Ilayaraja, writer Sujatha, Sachin Tendulkar, A.P.J.Abdul Kalam and a few more...
and meeting them is still a distant dream for me. But by God's grace i was endowed with the most cherishable moment on a day when we had been to Thiruvannamalai.
We used to hear about Ilayaraja's frequent visits to this place but never had an opportunity to see him due to a phase difference between the visits of ours and his. But on this day ( could be a resonance!!) we had finished our Giri Pradakshinam, visited Arunachaleshwara temple and were back to the Ramanasramam. My cousin and myself were on a walk and suddenly heard someone uttering the sentence "Raja has come today"...
"Oh man! let's rush up!"
we went all around the place and came back to the hall where we were sitting at first. I had to call my mother who was standing to witness the pooja. I could see a short man, with short grey hairs, clad in a white shirt and dhoti.
"ah yes! got him"
after the pooja got over, I got the idea of asking for a photograph with him. And went to ask him slowly, "sir oru photo eduthukkalaama unga kooda"
"hmmm, ok" he said it with a saintly smile
we took two photos with him.
I wanted to discuss a lot about his "Thiruvaasagam", "how to name it"....
But couldn't. I couldn't believe my eyes first of all!!!
Anyway, that was a great moment!!! unforgettable!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Life is always full of surprises & pleasant shocks. Meeting a great personality may or may not be a memorable one. Glad that you could meet a fine soul & cherish the moment forever. Wishing you many happy returns,

Bhooma